We all know that orgasms feel incredible, but what is even better is having more than one. Here, we will take a closer look at multiple orgasms, what they mean, and how to achieve them.
Multiple Orgasm Definition
You might have heard that some women are able to achieve multiple orgasms. But what does this mean? Experiencing multiple orgasms means that a person will have two or more orgasms in a short period of time. The time between each climax is quite short, and some women are able to have them back-to-back, with just a couple of seconds between them.
Most commonly, the term is used to describe more than one climax in a single session. Of course, this isn’t something anyone can do easily. For some, reaching orgasm can be quite challenging, and each person is different. If you have trouble achieving orgasms, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Many women aren’t able to climax from penetration, and they might require a bit more to feel good.
The common misconception here is that edging is similar to multiple orgasms, but it’s not. Edging is a technique of delaying the climax to build up the intensity and make it more powerful. But that’s still just one orgasm as compared to multiple ones in a row.
One of the terms you might encounter if you start researching multiple orgasms is the refractory period. The refractory period is the time after orgasm during which a person doesn’t react to any type of sexual stimulation. During this time, a person is not able to climax, and they are indifferent to any type of play.
It is important to understand that the refractory period doesn’t describe the time between two orgasms. There are many studies focusing on this subject, and the time needed to “recover” varies from person to person. Usually, the period will increase with age, and older men will need more time before they can go for the second round.
Of course, the refractory period is also something women experience as well. It is not limited to men only, but the time is significantly shorter for females. For men, the refractory period is between a couple of minutes and two hours. For women, it can go between a couple of seconds up to a few minutes. Once again, the time varies from person to person, and everyone will experience it differently.
The longer the refractory period is, the harder it will be for someone to experience multiple orgasms. Of course, the majority of studies focus on men and how it affects their chances of having multiple orgasms.
Ejaculation vs. Orgasm
People often confuse ejaculation and orgasm. However, there is a difference between the two. The reason why this misconception exists is that it is almost the same thing for men. During orgasm, men will ejaculate, which is something you can’t miss. As for ladies, things are a bit more complicated.
Firstly, not every woman is able to ejaculate. Everyone can have an orgasm, and it is a bit subtler compared to men. Especially if you don’t know what you’re looking for. But ejaculation is the part that’s missing. Even today, scientists argue whether female ejaculation is even possible.
Female ejaculation is the act of expelling fluid through the urethral opening after stimulation. As we all know, the urethral opening is used for urine, but this fluid is not necessarily it. Furthermore, it is also different from the cervical fluid that appears when a person is aroused or “wet.” The female orgasm is far from common, and the majority of ladies won’t ejaculate during the climax.
Multiple vs. Stacked Orgasms
As we have mentioned before, multiple orgasms are a series of climaxes with a short time period between them. For some, it can be a couple of seconds, and for others, it might be longer. The most common idea is that multiple orgasms are all orgasms within one session. The intensity of each orgasm may vary, and it all comes down to the type of stimulation, atmosphere, mood, and so on. All the things that affect regular orgasms as well.
Stacked orgasms, on the other hand, are a single orgasm that builds intensity over time. It is rather similar to edging. However, the main difference is in the process after it. After a couple of times you’ve come close to climaxing, it is time to let it go and enjoy the intensity of the orgasm. The trick here is to keep the stimulation going instead of surrendering to waves of pleasure.
For some, the result of a stacked orgasm might be a continuous chain of orgasms, or it might be a single prolonged climax. Either way, there is no refractory period between them since they are either chained or one super long climax in the end.
Techniques to Try for Multiple Orgasms
There are a couple of things you can do to increase the chances of having multiple orgasms.
- Focus on clitoral stimulation — For the majority of women, clitoral stimulation is necessary to reach climax. It is also the safest way to go if you want to enjoy yourself, so your primary focus should be on the clitoris.
- Slow down and have longer sex — Scientists have found a correlation between the length of sex and multiple orgasms. It turns out that having fun for more than fifteen minutes will increase the chances of multiple orgasms significantly. It can also accommodate the refractory period.
- Incorporate different types of sexual stimulation — Having sex is great. We all know that. However, there are so many things you can do to feel good. Vaginal penetration is, of course, one of the things on the list, but it is far from being the only one. Experiment in the bedroom, try different things, and most importantly, have fun. The better you feel, the more likely you are to experience more than one orgasm.
- Masturbation — Getting to know your own body is the key to having good sex. You will learn what makes you feel good. You will also have an easier time transferring the knowledge to your partner.
- Slow or change stimulation — Taking it slow, changing the pace, and doing any other exciting thing you can do will make you feel amazing. As a result, it will improve your chances of climaxing more than once. Edging and stacked orgasms are also an excellent way to increase pleasure.
- Use sex toys — Don’t be afraid to use sex toys. There are so many different options you can try, and there is nothing that will make you feel as good as vibrators. The best thing is that sex toys work great for both solo sessions and having fun with your significant other.